Veron Ntinyari reportedly died after being choked by rice.
A family in Meru County has been left in shock after learning the death of their daughter, Veron Ntinyari.
The student of Ukuu Girls, a secondary school in Imenti South-Meru County passed on after reportedly choking on rice she had taken.
Minutes before the unfortunate demise, Veron enjoyed rice rice together with her classmates. She then head to football pitch where she participated in a game.
30 minutes into the first half, Veron Ntinyari raised her hand seeking to be substituted because she was feeling unwell.
According to Nation Africa, the 18-year old girl collapsed. The nurse and some other students hurriedly administered first Aid as she struggled to breath. She responded to treatment and resumed the school routine.
According to reports, Veron fainted at around 6:30PM and slipped into coma.She was rushed to Nkubu Consolata hospital. The doctors however confirmed that the girl died minutes before arrival.
Mother Accuse school of Negligence
Whie responding to the incidence, Peninah Kathambi, the mother of the deceased accused the school of Negligence. She claimed that doctors’ report claimed that the life of her daughter would have been saved if she was taken to hospital when she first felt unwell.
“They did not call to tell us that Veron was unwell. They only called when she was gone,” Kathambi said.
Veron Ntinyari aspired to be a nurse before her life was cut short.